Sunday, May 16, 2010

April 28, "P" day

I'm doing ok. I got sunburned when we went out contacting last week. It was supreme. I feel the heat and I don't think I'll be in a visitor center b/c that's usually in the call. The Guatemala City temple is across the street from us in the MTC. Seriously. It's closer than the Provo Temple was. I can see the temple from my room window and every time I walk up and down the stairs. Pretty neat. We get to go to the temple on P-days. Also, I don't know if I can, but most of the sur (that's south) and centeral Guat missionaries get to visit the temple on their pdays. I think mine's further b/c I will be in the jungle. Crazy! Also, there are two languages I may have to learn when I get there. I will definitely need to pray more for those problems later. I heard a devo from Elder Holland yesterday. It was cool. He said not to pray to have an easy mission b/c it won't be easy and all our trials bring us closer to Christ- how he felt and how we can be closer through prayer. Very cool. I mostly get what's going on here. I read the BOM but the binding on my book is getting fixed right now, so I don't know what's going on when I read. I've been studing the Bible instead. The church is true. Keep going strong! Love, Hna peterson

No comments: