Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fraggles-

Does anyone else remember how the fraggle builder men would eat their structures? Or the fraggles would eat them? Hmmm. Strange.

My birthday was Tuesday. It was a fun day. I woke up at 7 a.m. to a text from a mystery person. The person had laid out a beautiful breakfast set out like on the movie Little Princess. My bed was covered with furs and blankets and orange juice and blueberry muffins. I ate the food and was surprised to receive another mystery text an hour later. I'm a slow eater. After I finished, all the food and dishes disappeared.

The mystery text sent me to my door, where I followed a treasure hunt to an unmarked car on the street. Unmarked if you count balloons and streamers layered up on the windows, surrounding the car. I could have been kidnapped, but instead was taken to a hot air balloon. The hot air balloon was filled with heat and blankets. Just like on animal planet- you know, the zoo cages.

After taking off in the hot air balloon, I felt a defined rush of collusion. If you don't know what that is, please google it. Looking out over the rim was exhilarating. I saw lots of trees, buildings, and runners. It was so strange to be in a balloon and outside at the same time.

Then, as we were passing over Snowbird, a local ski resort, a skier launched into our balloon. This skier turned out to be Robert Redford. Who knew he actually skis there? He apologized for the strange turn of events and happened to have his checkbook in his pocket. Most people don't carry those around you know. He wrote me a tidy sum and jumped out of the hot air balloon onto the next black diamond. He's a pretty good skier.

After this adventure, the hot air balloon people landed back at the home site. I drove back in the somewhat unmarked car and went over a couple sweet car jumps as a bonus for hitting a skier. It was sweet. Pretty sure the car flipped twice. Then they drove me home.

How could it get any better you ask? Well, when I got home all my friends were at my house. Every single one of them living in Provo. It was amazing. I felt like a survivor. Or just lucky to have such a great birthday celebration. Everyone told me about what they were doing and we danced and sang karaoke. It was hard to fit us all, but we made do.

I fell asleep at 12, by that time everyone was gone home. Then I received a call from Jeff. He was almost back in Provo and couldn't wait to see me. It was the perfect birthday.

Actually, I went to SLC twice b/c of job interviews not coinciding. Job interviews pah. At least I had something to do on this special day. Then I watched American Idol with past roommates. It was even more perfect than the aforementioned made up birthday events. Amy made me a burrito cake, it looked like two sloppy joes sitting close on first inspection, but on closer acquaintance I saw its true form.

Jeff called while we were watching American Idol and ran me through the x-ray machine. Much cooler than a hot air balloon party getting crashed by Rob Red. No joke. And I didn't have to wear a lead apron. Coooool.

Carie, Emily, and Ashlee came over to see me too. And I got millions of calls and facebook good wishes. Later that night my current roommates filled my bed with love balloons and I screamed after popping each one. Every one had a great thing about me listed on it. What a perfect gift!

I enjoyed the attention immensely and couldn't have asked for a single thing more. It was a great birthday. The next day I went to lunch with Jeffrey Scott. The boy is tanner than a tanner. He friggin roasted himself in Cancun and now I look like an angel comparatively. However, I still won most of the games we played together. I will let him blame it on his jet lag, but I still am a stunning gamer.

He brought me some roses. They are beautiful, including the headless rose that fell next to the vase. They are white roses- what is that, friendship? So I'm glad to express to everyone my joy at the fact Jeff and I are finally friends.

Ooooh I like him. He is wonderful. He just is. I can't express my full admiration for him in the ways I wish. On the downside, he looked like an owl yesterday since it's been a while since his last haircut...Which I discourteously told him. He is getting a cut today, so I didn't think it would bother him too much. He later told me he would rather look like the Grinch than an owl. Too bad- he didn't look like the Grinch.

The latest Jeff updates, for you all to enjoy, since we're dating again and I don't think he ever checked this blog while we were dating. I guess we'll see, won't we?

3 comments:

Christensen family said...

What a FUN birthday. Do you think Jeff reads your comments too? I am glad you are dating him again. He sounds like a keeper! Keep me posted. We were buried in snow here in WA. Over 6 feet of snow. It's fun! Miss you!

Sarah Gessel said...

Yellow roses mean friendship. Apparently, white roses mean: purity,innocence, sympathy and spirituality.

History and Meaning of White Roses
Primary Significance: Purity, Innocence, Sympathy, Spirituality

With its pristine appearance, the white rose has come to symbolize purity, innocence and secrecy. There are myths and legends from several different cultures relating to the origin of the first rose which is initially white in color and is then miraculously transformed. Oftentimes the pure white rose was depicted as being stained by blood, or made to blush from a kiss. The recurrence of this theme does a great deal to establish the white rose as a symbol for purity.

Early traditions also used white roses as a symbol for true love, an association which would later become the hallmark of the red rose. However, white roses continue to endure and retain their symbolism of innocence. White roses are now used to express a number of different sentiments.

Also known as the bridal rose, the white rose is a traditional wedding flower. In this sense, they are a representation of unity, virtue, and the pureness of a new bond of love. White roses are also a symbol for young love, which further strengthens the association, and makes them ideal for marriages. Bridal bouquets are often comprised of white roses and other white flowers.

White roses are also associated with honor and reverence, which makes them a fitting memorial for a departed loved one. Funeral and sympathy arrangements traditionally incorporate white roses as a part of the tribute. As a symbol of remembrance, the white rose represents heavenliness and is an expression of spiritual love and respect.

While most of the long-established meanings of white roses are still quite commonly used today, others have become less prevalent. White rosebuds, for example, are a traditional symbol for girlhood and carry an underlying message of one too young for love. While perhaps no longer falling into the realm of common knowledge, this is still very much a part of the language of roses.

White roses can mean many things to many different people. They can symbolize new beginnings, or be a sign of farewell. They can convey feelings of love, friendship, respect and hope. Underlying all of these messages is the impression of innocence and purity with which white roses are now synonymous. An arrangement of white roses is not only beautiful; it can carry a complexity that belies its simpler appearance. Whatever the reason white roses are given, it can be assured that they will be deeply appreciated by their recipient.


http://www.proflowers.com/flowerguide/rosemeanings_dir_whiterose-meanings.aspx

Sarah Gessel said...

Sorry about that long post,
but I guess the roses could mean true love, young love or new beginnings. So that all pertains to you and Jeff, right? or just happy birthday I don't want to freak you out by giving you red roses.