Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Guatemala with Merilee

Mom's idea of cleaning the Church as a family?...That sounds like an awesome Christmas if there ever was one. I would be totally down with cleaning the church next year for our Christmas service project for the ward. Someone has to do it, why not us? I think more service would be a good idea. This morning we totally helped a family build a stairway to their backyard and dig a septic hole. It involved moving lots of rocks and clay, but was very rewarding.

We don{t have money in our accounts yet, maybe Wednesday. I{ve still got my cough. Bleh. It{s ok if you didn{t go iceskating this year, we{re going next year and it{s going to be awesome. Yeah, our Christmas will be a party. I{m glad everyone played games and had a good time. It was nice to hear everyone and talk to everyone.

I called Sarah for about 15 min. too. That was nice. I can wait until Mother{s Day...and then my mission{ll be pretty much over...b-c September will come on rapido.

The church is true. Service is always a good idea. Love you! Love, Hna Peterson

Re: the Christmas family call, Yeah, the other microphone was way better. You got the day off for Christmas? We totally didn{t. We just worked like crazy all Christmas and Christmas Eve. We got 50 lessons, that was our goal for the Pres. for everyone this week. We were the only comp. to get it in our district. Our percentage of animo, which is like an equation to say how hard you worked was 111 percent. That{s more than 100 percent. That{s awesome! Anyway, we had a good, busy Christmas.

But we had to be inside by 6 pm, that was lamesauce. Everyone invited us to eat with them and we ended up lucking out and our neighbor gave us tamales to eat that night. Tamales are delicious. That and we drank a bunch of punch. It{s like wassail with coconut, apples, raisins, papaya, and pineapple chopped up and dropped in. It{s way good. I totally sugared out though. Not super awesome to be sugar bombarded when sugar makes you feel like crap. But yeah, I{m trying to cut back. Somehow.


We didn{t get to see a Christmas movie. But overall it was good. And I{ve got a gringa comp, so we talk in English. That{s the best Christmas gift ever. You{re the best. Keep working. Love, Hna Peterson

Grant, I totally realized life is way better with sleep. With my new comp I{ve been talking more and sleeping less, but I{ve been totally paying for it. I{m so tired. But it{s awesome to be out of the spanish box. I{m glad you all had a great time for Christmas. I can{t wait to see your skinny jeans. That{s funny you don{t care. I think it{s weird to see skinny jeans, but it{s the style, so maybe we all have to get used to it. All the little boys are HUGE! I can{t even believe it.

And guess what, Bonnie{s hair is totally longer than mine. Which is crazy. But mine{s way ugly right now, so I{m growing it out. You saw the pictures right? I mean, it{s not terrible, but it{s not my fav. I know, right, crazy I only have one more call until I come home. It{s so suerte Canute and I come home about the same time.

Yeah, service is so great to do. You feel so good after. Let{s plan some huge service projects for our whole family to do next Christmas. We{ll have a ton of people to help those people out. You{re the best. Love you! Love, Hna Peterson

No comments: