Friday, June 21, 2013

Sheer genius-

Challenges are a treasure map to new talents. I truly believe that. My brother wrote that in an email to us this week. He's a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He flew to Taiwan Wednesday. I'm so proud of him. 



Wishing: I wish for more wishes. That said, as a person, it is often difficult for me to decide what to get others in holiday/present situations. I think about making helpful lists like this 2 weeks before Christmas and the day after my birthday. In order to know what other people, I will start the ball rolling and list what I want. Then I will know what to tell people when they ask. Or they can check my blog post I made that one time. 

1. Body baldness: I wish to be hairless except for the top of my head. So, nose hair clippers, nice shaving cream, and razors. I buy those myself, but sometimes it's nice to not have to buy that stuff.

2. Lotion and perfume: Sometimes I feel like a raisin and smelling good is important to me. Good lotion and perfume are nice to have. That does not mean I want to smell like that old shelf at your grandmother's house. 

I've smelled some perfume that has made me want to throw up. I don't want to smell like dead roses or rotton cottage cheese. However, if you think you would want to smell me after I sprayed that on myself, you could maybe get it for me. 

3. Probiotics and vitamins: Those are important things to have and they, like all things, must be bought. Unfortunately, to live healthy can be expensive. Now that I'm getting married, I realize living as an old woman now could make me feel more vibrant into my 30's. 

4. Exercise gear: I know I should exercise more. It would keep my back and knees from hurting. Therefore, maybe I just need some cool running gear to get me out. Quality gear can be expensive. Or good socks. You laugh. I'm not talking your garden variety sock for jocks.  

No, I'm talking quality running socks. I know they exist. I've seen them around. Yet somehow I can't make myself buy them. 


5. Food storage: you and I both know the end of the world is going to happen, and I'll need food. If you can't think of anything to give me, how about helping me eat when the stores have all closed. Buy me some giant tubs of water or canned food. 

I'll appreciate it when I'm starving to death. I'll even give you permission to buy me raisins. If they're dry packed. I hate raisins, but if I'm hungry, I'll eat anything. Please, no dried cockroaches. I would rather die hungry.

6. Shoes: I'm a size 8.5 or 9. I love shoes, but almost never buy them. I need some quality shoes. I need some fun shoes. Shoes. Then I can throw away my old shoes that old Mother Hubbard gave me. 

7. Multi-media: I love me some movies. I love me some music. If you have a favorite movie of all time, I might not have seen it. It's been a while since I've bought movies. Movie passes- even better. I love going to the movies, but it can be expensive. I'm totes down for that kind of stuff.

8. Buttons: I love fancy buttons. I just do. Don't judge me. There are so many kinds all over the place and nobody appreciates buttons anymore. I would like to start getting crafty with some button action. In order to do that, I will need fancy buttons. I have some. I will always need more.

9. A stuffed crocodile: I'm not talking about cloth, I'm talking the real deal. The desiccated remains of an amphibian. For my house. How will I decorate if I don't have a choice piece such as this to display in my front room.

10. Gas cards: Until all the cars die, like on Revolution, I'm going to need me some gas for my little purple PT. 


Ten sounds like a good list. I'll stop there for now. I don't want to sound like a greedy pants. Anyway, I'll be specific, this is mostly for Charles, since he's probably the only person who will be giving me gifts. Two a year babycakes- birthday and Christmas plus flowers. I love flowers. 

No comments: