Friday, January 30, 2015

Zippers-

I don't have any significant zippers in my life. Mostly they're just ties. And that's fine by me.

Tonight, tonight, there's ice cream on tonight. If you want to come, please do: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; 651 E Foothill Blvd, San Luis Obispo, California 93405.

And why does ice cream have to be two words? I mean, come on, it's two different things when seen apart, so why must it have that space in the middle? It makes the word couple so cold. Ah HA! I've hit on it. You're welcome.

My weekly review- I know what you're thinking, "She doesn't have a weekly review". Well, perhaps I should. And here it is:

Type: Movie
Title: Fuel (2008)

Synopsis: Director Josh Tickell takes us along for his 11-year journey around the world to find solutions to America's addiction to oil. A shrinking economy, a failing auto industry, rampant unemployment, an out-of-control national debt, and an insatiable demand for energy weigh heavily on all of us. Fuel shows us the way out of the mess we're in by explaining how to replace every drop of oil we now use, while creating green jobs and keeping our money here at home. The film never dwells on the negative, but instead shows us the easy solutions already within our reach. Source

My Takeaway: As the above synopsis says, the film goes through our dependence on oil and then shows us the solutions that we can actually do. It did not leave me feeling helpless or frustrated, but hopeful, with some ideas about how to change my habits to move the solutions forward.
Recommended: YES- watch it. I did and I don't like documentaries. It was interesting and gives real life examples of how we can and should change. Then it explains what we can do to make a difference. Very nice. Now I just need a diesel car.

Why: The Winter reading program. Remember how last week Charles made a joke about our library having a winter reading program? Well, you weren't there, but he did and they really do have one. Until April 15. Very nice.

How: Just reading books. About the environment. Go to the library and check some out!

And now, it's Friday, so I'm going to go home, make peanut butter drizzle for the ice cream social and maybe some homemade caramels. Then I'm going to grab the lemon curd and cherry topping and head down to the church. Come along folks. Come along.


No comments: