Friday, August 30, 2013

Belly button lint is a real thing-

When we moved to Hayward, Charles and I realized we lived 10 feet from the "No Room for Racism" sign. Have you ever seen one of those signs? We have one. You know you want one. I didn't know they even had official signs like that in cities. Green- very official. 

I found these helpful hints for Chinese characters on the internet. They look helpful. I thought of my brother when I saw them, he's in Taiwan. I mean hello, I'm not learning Chinese, but he is. So  I didn't know if any of this would help you. I hope it does, especially if you're learning Chinese. I work better with pictures myself. 

This week has been semi-uneventful. We had cookie/icecream sandwiches for FHE after eating chipotle. We watched Fried Green Tomatoes- it was our 1 month anniversary. He brought me flowers. Man he's great. 

I have a blister on my thumb. I was carving our car for the Pinewood Derby Adult Edition. It's happening tonight. I was only carving one night and I got this grand blister. Bummer. Charles said next time I should put a bandaid on the soft spot before it became a blister. Good to know- for the next time I find myself carving stuff. Who knows when that'll be. 

Except I've heard I might be in charge of the scouts, in which case I might be using a knife sooner than expected. We shall see. Scouts, don your chain mail. You're going to need it. 

Monday is Labor Day. I will be doing less labor, more day. We're planning to get a fancy waffle maker Saturday at BBB. That means waffle Monday. Charles is pretty excited about it. Apparently waffles are one of the most exciting things in life. We will not be making fish waffles this time. Maybe once we've gotten a handle on the waffle process we'll walk to the outskirts of waffle making. Maybe.

I have been watching lots of Remington Steele this week. It's a detective show with Pierce Brosnan. He is young and super skinny, but still has the charm. The main woman character kind of drives me crazy though. Her name is Stephanie Zimbalist in real life. In that character, she just bugs me, I'm not sure why.

Something else that bugs me a little, I've been reading the Wheel of Time series. I've just finished the 8th book and the women in that series are seriously dumb. I get annoyed about 85% of the time with the women characters. So dumb, so dumb. 

Also, they don't have the rest of the series on cd. Hopefully I can get some time to finish the series or I'll be stopped at 9 of 14. That would be tragic. I have to finish it now, so I don't have to start at the beginning later. That would be the real tragedy. I'm past halfway.

Speaking of halfway, have you ever seen a commercial over and over again. It happens a lot when you watch shows online. Super annoying. I usually just mute them. I wonder if there were a commercial clever enough, they could get away with it. I don't know if any advertisers have quite reached that level of cleverosity yet. They're halfway there.


So that's the skinny on my week. I went to soccer this week and I went to frisbee Saturday, so hopefully I can get back on the exercise train. Toot toot! Love you! Mer

1 comment:

Michael said...

Stephanie Zimbalist