Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ah how much I appreciate you-

In all honesty, I'm going to write this out and hope I'm not absent minded enough to post it before it's time. However, I wanted to write this before the... Mazel Tov on Your Bar Mitzvah! Which was the cover name for the Facebook Event whereby people were invited to the secret surprise birthday party for my silly sister Bonnie and my sweet husband Charles.

First off, I'd like to thank Ale, Stacy and Stacey for helping me coordinate the event. Also, a thank you to my parents who donated some fun money to help make it a little more fun.

Secondly, I'd like to say it was a sweet success, but I have no idea, since the party doesn't happen for three more days. There are a couple snags that could make it go less than perfect.

1. The rafting trip. I started planning this party in June. Could whoever planned that trip not have made it the next weekend? Hello!

2. Bonnie said she'd only for sure go if Charles and I went rafting. Charles, who also doesn't know about the party, wants to see lots of our friends/family that day instead of rafting.

3. If Bonnie doesn't come to her own surprise party, since she and Charles have neither ever had a surprise birthday party, it's going to be funny, but not so funny.

Honestly, Charles could already know about this party. There were a couple times I was sure he'd seen something. Times I thought I was had:

1. Anytime he checked my phone. He was very thorough this month checking texts, emails, and all Facebook messages. Suspicious much, Birthday Detective?

2. Facebook alerts. They are bad secret keepers over there. I tried hiding all sorts of notifications and it only worked on half of them. Come on Facebook! I'm doing ok keeping this secret, why can't you?

3. When my mom said, "Have fun with your little..sweet husband over there." She said it while signing off from Skype after I'd told my family about the surprise birthday party. I'm sure she almost said "with your little party." Charles was like "What was that about?" All I said, "Well, you know my mom. Who knows?" Ha, whew...that was a close one.

I also made some anniversary peanut butter cups, then hid those in the freezer. I don't know if there's any chance he won't see them. He only has 3 days to not see them, but he has a comprehensive knowledge of all the treats in our house. So after creating such treats, I then packed them away into freezer ziplock bags and washed all the dishes.

I made almond butter cups to, so I could eat them with him. Then we can be treat buddy eaters. I even went so far as to make a cover up treat, so he wouldn't smell the peanut butter. It turned out to be unnecessary, because he came home at 10:30 instead of 9, so the smell was mostly gone. However, I think he was grateful for the snack. Hard life, you know?

And now, it has passed and Bonnie and Charles were ultimately surprised! Surprise! Now, where's all the cake?


No comments: