Monday, August 17, 2015

Llama Face

 You are probably wondering how I could possibly make a llama this cute, and yet I cannot make animals on command. That's clay for you... or magical sewing artistry.

My work family is piecing together a softball team. I will be the catcher. How did I get such a glamorous job? They surely picked me on the basis of always looking ready to sit in one place and throw softballs in a vaguely accurate way. They chose wisely. We will be playing Thursday nights and this might interfere with my Institute class. However, since I can't register anymore because I'm too old, I don't feel everlasting sorrow at this piece of news. Charles will just take notes for me.

Today, Hayward CA had an earthquake ranked a 4 on the Richter scale. Big news. In other big news, my ring rash came back in full fury. Bother. I rinsed my ring in vinegar again and am giving my ring finger a break. It's tired of lifting weights and needs a snack. I've been feeding it clove essential oils- strange and luxurious spices from the Orient. 

Let's see, I've just been called as the 1st Counselor in primary. That means every Sunday, I will give the firm and not quite evil eye to little girls and boys and sometimes teach lessons to them that hopefully a few of them will listen to. It will be wonderful.

Yesterday while googling some recipes, as Charles and I eat much soup for lunch, I found this. Enjoy. I did. It was yummy stew.



This is a birthday picture of Charles and cake. Before we demolished it. Yes, it was Skor cake. Thanks for asking. We also should have eaten Chinese food because Charles loves Chinese. We didn't. Oh well, there's always next year.


No comments: