Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm in Tokyo Japan!

The first thing I noticed on the streets of Tokyo, is most people have potted plants, or small trees in front of their shops. Also, around 7:30 p.m., the streets are quite deserted. That's when we went walking around after we had arrived.

We have walked through much of the city and everyone is clean and supremely nice. Since there is almost no crime here there are bikes all over the place and they're not chained to anything. It is a pretty weird feeling, like living in a space city.

The hostel where we are staying has a lot of nice traveler people and they took us on the town our first night. Well, James went to sleep, so they took me. It's kind of hard finding karaoke and dancing places when you can't read Japanese, but eventually we found one. I didn't end up doing karaoke, I split off with some people and ended up getting lost in Tokyo. We also miscalculated our trip and midway through our subway journey the lines stopped...it was about 1 a.m.

We walked back, but we walked a ton that night. I think my time's up. Love and kisses.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You're crazy. Bring me something fun from Japan, okay?