Thursday, May 30, 2013

Change-

Yeah, I know change can be really good. Saturday, Charles and I went to the mall to check out some wedding bands- so I could decide if I wanted to sauter my rings together, or what I was looking for. Turns out I got a new ring and it's pretty fancy. It came in a set, so I'll get another ring when I get married. If you look closely, you can see the fancy spot where a diamond already popped out from the top band.

I haven't even had the ring for a full week. We're going to check on what I can do about that. I mean, it must've happened whilst I was washing my hands and I fully expect to wash my hands a lot as a married person. So I'm not terribly impressed with that situation.

It's definitely a little different from my first ring. I am going to wear it for a long time, so a fancy ring made me a little more excited about that. Also, the first was a 7.5 and felt a little big. The current ring is a 7 and still slides around a bit.

Monday was Memorial Day. I'm grateful to all the men and women who serve our country in the armed forces. It's hard on their families and lives to move around and live far from their homeland and yet they do it with pride. My grandparents and cousins and brother and some friends are all in mix. Thanks guys.

I had a nice Monday. I cleaned my room a bit, realized how much stuff I have, packed some of the 40 books I need to read, realized how cool art is- again, and ate a hamburger. Charles, the Stacys and I went to the art and wind festival. What a sweet idea. I enjoyed myself and renewed a promise to be more artfully employed in my life. Held hands with Charles. It was nice.

No comments: